- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Grease a 9-in. pie plate with 2 teaspoons butter. Press hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of plate. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Combine cheeses and ham; spoon into the crust. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and seasoned salt; pour over ham.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Ham Quiche
"My family LOVES this quiche! It is requested many times throughout the year. I put the bag of hash browns in the fridge the day before and in a colander on the counter the night before. I use a no lint towel to wring out the hash browns. Don't over butter the hash browns for the first baking. I have tried other cheeses and the combo of Swiss and Pepper Jack cheese in the original recipe reigns supreme!"
"Too much cheese and not enough egg for me to think of this as "quiche". But it has potential... if I were to make it again, I'd halve the cheese and add 2 more eggs."
"We used a combination of colby jack and fontina along with a sweet onion. easy to make and a good use for leftover ham."
"It was ok, it didn't really tickle my taste buds as it stands...It needs something"
"Very simple and turned out great helped use up some left over ham."
"This was so good and easy! I changed a few things. Instead of the swiss and pepper jack cheese, I just used a mixture of shredded Colby Jack and Cheddar cheese and it was so good! And instead of ham, I used browned ground sausage, which was delicious! It turned out great, and was so simple to make!"
"This was so good and easy! I changed a few things. Instead o the swiss and pepper jack cheese, I just used a mixture of shredded Colby Jack and Cheddar cheese and it was so good! And instead of ham, I used browned ground sausage, which was delicious! It turned out great, and was so simple to make!"
"very easy and very tasty."