Hash Brown Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the hash browns, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in remaining butter. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with flour. Stir in the ham, eggs and milk. Pour into hash brown crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 165 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Hash Brown Ham and Cheese Quiche
"This was very yummy although it was runny. Maybe I will bake it longer next time."