Hash Brown Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
Hash browns form the crust for this colorful quiche that's chock-full of ham, cheese, green pepper and mushrooms. "It's a family favorite," relates Ella Woroniuk of Canora, Saskatchewan.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the hash browns, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in remaining butter. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with flour. Stir in the ham, eggs and milk. Pour into hash brown crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Ham Quiche in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Ham and Cheese Quiche(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2010
This was very yummy although it was runny. Maybe I will bake it longer next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >