Hash Brown Egg Dish Recipe
I cook the bacon and chop up the vegetables for this hearty casserole the night before, so it only takes a few minutes to finish in the morning. When we have overnight guests, I serve it for breakfast along with blueberry muffins. My family also thinks it's good for dinner. -Diann Sivley, Signal Mountain, Iowa
- 3/4 to 1 pound sliced bacon
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Cool; crumble and set aside.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the potatoes, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, basil and pepper; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and cook at 70% power for 4-6 seconds or until eggs are almost set, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Egg Dish in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >