- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layers.
- Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Brunch
"Followed the recipe exactly as printed. Cooked overnight - the consistency was perfect! The taste was blah. Covering with salsa improved the flavor immensely. Next time I think I will add a little dried mustard and maybe a pinch of garlic."
"It was really good but I agree it needs more flavor...one recipe I saw that was similar used dill so I may try that next time. I cooked it overnight as well which was about 8-10 hrs and it was perfectly cooked!"
"This works great if you cook it on low for 8-10 hours. I used crumbled sausage that I pre-cooked and Monterey Jack cheese as well as Cheddar. Everyone loved it and will definately make it again. I turned my crockpot on low at 11:30 before heading to bed and it was still warm when I served breakfast at 10 the next morning."
"I m not sure how you make this the night before??? It says it takes 3-4 hours. don't know about everyone else but I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep."
"I m not sure how you make this the night before??? It says it takes 4-5 hours. don't know about everyone else but I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep."
"Made a similar recipe found on Pinterest. It was a big gloppy mess! Would never attempt one of these breakfast casseroles in the crock pot again. Just as easy to assemble the night before, and pop in the oven in the morning."
"Made this for Christmas morning. Thought it was very good, but did need more salt and pepper. I did use half bacon and half diced ham instead of a full pound of bacon. I also cooked it on low overnight (about 8 hours)."
"Easy to make and checks all the breakfast boxes!"
"I did not like this recipe at all! I made it exactly as is written, but it had no flavor! If I were to try this again, I would find some other seasonings for this, since salt and pepper alone were just too bland."
"It tastes great with some salsa on top!"