Slow cookers aren't just for making dinner. I make this often if we're having company overnight. I can prep it the night before and when we all get up in the morning, breakfast is waiting. —Barb Keith, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layers.
- Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Egg Brunch in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p65
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Brunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review