I love this hearty slow cooker breakfast dish. It's great for potlucks because it's easy to carry and is always popular.—Nancy Marion, Frostproof, Florida
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Layer a third of the potatoes, ham, cheese, green pepper and onion in a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat layers twice.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/3 cups each).
Originally published as Hash Brown Egg Breakfast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p71
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Breakfast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review