Hash Brown Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Bake
Sort By :
"Kind of bland for us, but a great starting point for the basics."
"I just made this for the first time. LOVE it. Will definitely make it again. I didn't alter the ingredients at all even though I wondered about putting dill seed in it. Love the onion/green pepper taste and the texture of it with the hash browns."
"I made this for dinner tonight, OH MY GOSH, it was so delicious. My family just gobbled it up. Next time I have to double the recipe! ! No leftovers."
"My husband doesn't like pork so I used turkey bacon and he loved it. Also 2% milk works just as well for does how can't use whole milk. You might have to cook 5 or 10 minutes if you do use 2%. I used this recipe as a base and added salt and pepper to the eggs first then added spinach, onions and red peppers to the mixture. It's like a baked omelet. My family loves it and its not so bland."
"Do you think I could use veggie bacon or imitation bacon bits? It looks really good, but I don't eat pork."