- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Bake
Sort By :
"After making it one time,I added an extra egg and a can of diced green chilis and and extra 1/2 cup of cheese to the mixture. It was yummy and my husband and I like it alot"
"I can't understand the 4 & 5 stars for this recipe. Unless the recipe is altered as suggested by numerous reviews, the casserole is very dry and tastes only of hashbrowns not eggs. I made this casserole for New Years Day brunch and was embarassed to serve this dry, tasteless dish.I gave the dish 2 stars because It was edible and the ingredients together could be good, but the recipe, as is, is not good.Disappointed."
"Very quick and easy. Will definitely use this recipe as a go-to for a quick, filling meal. Family loved it!"
"Kind of bland for us, but a great starting point for the basics."
"I just made this for the first time. LOVE it. Will definitely make it again. I didn't alter the ingredients at all even though I wondered about putting dill seed in it. Love the onion/green pepper taste and the texture of it with the hash browns."