Hash Brown Egg Bake
A package of frozen hash browns makes this recipe simple to prepare. Featuring bacon and cheddar cheese, it's tasty breakfast or brunch fare. You can even make it the night before, keep in the fridge and bake the next morningso convenient! Cheryl Johnson
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and
- salt. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another
- large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown
- mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Editor's Note: This dish may be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.