Hash Brown Egg Bake Recipe
A package of frozen hash browns makes this recipe simple to prepare. Featuring bacon and cheddar cheese, it's tasty breakfast or brunch fare. You can even make it the night before, keep in the fridge and bake the next morning—so convenient! —Cheryl Johnson Plymouth, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: This dish may be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC