- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Bake
Sort By :
"I can't understand the 4 & 5 stars for this recipe. Unless the recipe is altered as suggested by numerous reviews, the casserole is very dry and tastes only of hashbrowns not eggs. I made this casserole for New Years Day brunch and was embarassed to serve this dry, tasteless dish.I gave the dish 2 stars because It was edible and the ingredients together could be good, but the recipe, as is, is not good.Disappointed."
"Very quick and easy. Will definitely use this recipe as a go-to for a quick, filling meal. Family loved it!"
"Kind of bland for us, but a great starting point for the basics."
"I just made this for the first time. LOVE it. Will definitely make it again. I didn't alter the ingredients at all even though I wondered about putting dill seed in it. Love the onion/green pepper taste and the texture of it with the hash browns."
"I made this for dinner tonight, OH MY GOSH, it was so delicious. My family just gobbled it up. Next time I have to double the recipe! ! No leftovers."