- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Egg Bake
"I found that this recipe lacked flavor. Based on other reviews, I used o'brien potatoes and added salt and pepper to the eggs thinking that would help but it didn't really seem to make a difference. I also added an extra egg, a little extra milk and double the amount of cheese but the potatoes seemed to overpower the dish to the point that I barely tasted the bacon or the cheese. I really wanted to like this dish since it's easy to put together and makes a lot but I doubt that I will try it again."
"Great basic recipe but improved with the addition of more eggs, cheese and cream."
"Made a couple of alterations but turned out great full of flavour. I use 20 oz of Potatos o'brian vs. hash browns and added some chives, garlic, and onion powder."
"very blah, even with hash browns with onions and green peppers and added spice didn't help. quick and easy. wont make again"
"After making it one time,I added an extra egg and a can of diced green chilis and and extra 1/2 cup of cheese to the mixture. It was yummy and my husband and I like it alot"