In Sheboygan, Wisconsin, Jennifer Reisinger makes a family-pleasing meal out of this fluffy omelet filled with potatoes, onion and green pepper. "Serve it with toast and fruit," she suggests. "It's also good with sliced tomatoes."
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper. Add potatoes; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute, water and pepper; pour over vegetables. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Just before eggs are completely set, place cheese slices over half of the omelet. Fold the omelet in half and transfer to a warm serving platter. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Cheese Omelet in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hash Brown Cheese Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review