- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Casserole
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe many, many times since it first appeared in Taste of Home. Everyone loves it and it's so easy to make. The kids all make it for their own families now."
"I made 1/2 the recipe and used cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of potato and French Onion Chip dip instead of sour cream. I also had a few dollops of Hidden Valley Dip that I threw in and it was out of this world. My family has never enjoyed potatoes like they did with this recipe!"
"This was very tasty and easy. We loved the cheese and subtle garlic flavor. I will definitely make again. I made it for a special breakfast and everyone enjoyed it!"
"A classic! This recipe is basic and perfect. No need to add anything to it."
"Always a hit at potlucks. Great for any get together, weather served with breakfast food, cookout food or a dinner potluck. Delicious, I have also made it using cream of chicken or mushroom soup instead of the potato soup."