- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Casserole
Sort By :
This was very easy and it had awesome flavor. I didn't have potato soup so I used one can of cheddar cheese soup and one can of cream of chicken soup. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for the recipe!
Made this for dinner at church. It was very well received. I used sharp cheddar cheese and replaced 1 can of condensed cream of potato soup with 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup which is a lot cheaper.
So easy, and I always have the ingredients in the house... always good for a cold night... for a main dish, I add some cooked ground meat and frozen peas.
Awesome and very easy. I brought this to a large potluck, and it disappeared quickly.
For years, I have taken this to our Easter breakfast at church. It tastes a bit like the hash brown casserole at Cracker Barrel. The dish is usually scraped clean. I also like to make this when we have overnight guests because I can prepare it the night before and just refrigerate overnight and bake in the morning. It's excellent alongside any sort of egg dish or just scrambled eggs. You can use either the southern style hash browns (cut in cubes) or the shredded type. I like it a bit better with the shredded ones, as the potatoes have a better texture. Also, I cut the amount of cheese in half. This is a keeper recipe for our family!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >