- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Casserole
"My friend brought this to my New Year's Day brunch. She added a can of diced chili peppers. It was very well received. I will definitely make it again."
"Made just as directed. Was a huge hit with my 21 year grandson and his wife (very picky!) while visiting. Will make this when I need to bring something anywhere. Different than the traditional way of making a hash brown casserole and much tastier! Thanks for sharing!"
"I have made this recipe many, many times since it first appeared in Taste of Home. Everyone loves it and it's so easy to make. The kids all make it for their own families now."
"I made 1/2 the recipe and used cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of potato and French Onion Chip dip instead of sour cream. I also had a few dollops of Hidden Valley Dip that I threw in and it was out of this world. My family has never enjoyed potatoes like they did with this recipe!"
"This was very tasty and easy. We loved the cheese and subtle garlic flavor. I will definitely make again. I made it for a special breakfast and everyone enjoyed it!"
"A classic! This recipe is basic and perfect. No need to add anything to it."
"So easy, and I always have the ingredients in the house... always good for a cold night... for a main dish, I add some cooked ground meat and frozen peas."