- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Stir in potatoes.
- Spoon half of the potato mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with broccoli and remaining potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Broccoli Bake
Sort By :
"I enjoyed this dish and so did my family. I used gluten free cup for cup flour and the sauce thickened up nicely and crumbed up Rice Chex in the topping ( I think potato chips would work well too). I think this would even be good with some chicken in it."
"I LOVE this recipe!! I made it once and I am forever hooked!"
"I made this as a side dish for Christmas dinner. Everyone loved it, including my nephew who hates broccoli. I will definitely be making this again."