This savory, scrumptious recipe uses egg substitute for lower fat and cholesterol. Serve with fresh fruit for a morning meal that’ll keep your family going strong until lunch! Cindy Schneider - Sarasota, Florida
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, egg substitute, chicken, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p8
Reviews for Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review