Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Recipe
This savory, scrumptious recipe uses egg substitute for lower fat and cholesterol. Serve with fresh fruit for a morning meal that’ll keep your family going strong until lunch! Cindy Schneider - Sarasota, Florida
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, egg substitute, chicken, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC