Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
This savory, scrumptious recipe uses egg substitute for lower fat and cholesterol. Serve with fresh fruit for a morning meal that’ll keep your family going strong until lunch! Cindy Schneider - Sarasota, Florida
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, egg substitute, chicken,
- garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish
- coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.