- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, egg substitute, chicken, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
"Very filling and large serving size for the amount of calories and delicious. I added salt because it needs it, and also chopped Green Chilies for our New Mexico style cuisine."
"I make this recipe, but have changed it a little! Instead of chicken, I use cream of chicken soup, sour cream, shredded Velvetta cheese, 1 stick of melted butter and no egg. Mix the soup, sour cream, butter and cheese, then add hash browns and stir. Put in a greased baking dish and bake! My kids want it all the time!"
"I substituted bulk sausage for the chicken, and instead of the cheddar dribbled on some melted Velveeta just before baking - this took care of the no-salt problem! :)"
"This recipe was amazing!!! Very easy to fix. I used sausage instead of chicken and it was very yummy!!!"
"As suggested, I added about 1/4 cup of salsa and I also used pre-cooked chicken that was seasoned. I enjoyed and will definitely make again."