- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, egg substitute, chicken, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
"Very filling and large serving size for the amount of calories and delicious. I added salt because it needs it, and also chopped Green Chilies for our New Mexico style cuisine."
"I make this recipe, but have changed it a little! Instead of chicken, I use cream of chicken soup, sour cream, shredded Velvetta cheese, 1 stick of melted butter and no egg. Mix the soup, sour cream, butter and cheese, then add hash browns and stir. Put in a greased baking dish and bake! My kids want it all the time!"
"This recipe was amazing!!! Very easy to fix. I used sausage instead of chicken and it was very yummy!!!"
"As suggested, I added about 1/4 cup of salsa and I also used pre-cooked chicken that was seasoned. I enjoyed and will definitely make again."
"We've taken this recipe and expanded it to include vegetables as well, like bell peppers, onions and spinach. It is delicious!"
"I found this to be a bit bland and dry, but the recipe is so easy that I would definitely try to make some modifications to improve it. I like the idea of adding salsa..and maybe some sauteed bell peppers and onions to liven it up a bit. A keeper with some changes."
"This was really bland. It definately needs salt. If I ever made it again, I might use turkey sausage instead of chicken and stir in some salsa. I would also mix in the cheese instead of just putting it on top."
"We really liked this - I used ham when I made it the first time. It is in the oven right now - I added some seasoned salt this time."
"This was really tasty and satisfying - easy to convert to one person meal. I added a little salt."