Hash Brown Beef Pie Recipe
Convenient frozen hash browns and shredded cheddar cheese top this hearty mixture of vegetables and ground beef. "It has just the right combination of spices," reports Mina Dyck of Boissevain, Manitoba. "Because I'm cooking for one, I like that the leftovers reheat well in the microwave."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the vegetables.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine topping ingredients; spoon evenly over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 233 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC