Hash Brown Beef Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the vegetables.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine topping ingredients; spoon evenly over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 233 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Hash Brown Beef Pie
"Quite tasty and easy to make. The only change I made was to sprinkle top with paprika before baking."
"Even my 1 year old granddaughter liked it. We're not great on chopped tomatoes so I used the meat flavored Ragu I had as a substitute and did not used the chili powder. Was very good. Served with watermelon and garlic French bread."
"My family loved it."
"My husband and I took one bite and both agreed it was excellent!"
"Pretty good, however, it could use a little of something else....what? I don't know for sure."