- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine topping ingredients; spoon evenly over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Beef Pie
"Quite tasty and easy to make. The only change I made was to sprinkle top with paprika before baking."
"Even my 1 year old granddaughter liked it. We're not great on chopped tomatoes so I used the meat flavored Ragu I had as a substitute and did not used the chili powder. Was very good. Served with watermelon and garlic French bread."
"My family loved it."
"My husband and I took one bite and both agreed it was excellent!"
"Pretty good, however, it could use a little of something else....what? I don't know for sure."