Hash Brown Bake Recipe
Hash Brown Bake is suggested by Dorothy Byrom of Overland Park, Kansas. "I made this convenient recipe for a church dinner and got raves."
- 7 cups water
- 2 packages (32 ounces each) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water and potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Drain. Place potatoes in a bowl; beat on low until mashed. Add cream cheese, eggs, chives, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Divide potato mixture between two greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until top is browned and potatoes are heated through. Yield: 24 servings.
1 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Hash Brown Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC