Hash Brown & Apple Pancake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Spread half of the potato mixture evenly in pan; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture, pressing gently into skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until bottom is browned.
- 3. Carefully invert pancake onto a plate. Heat remaining butter and oil in same pan. Slide pancake into skillet, browned side up. Cook 5 minutes longer or until bottom is browned and cheese is melted. Slide pancake onto a plate; cut into four wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge: 199 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Hash Brown & Apple Pancake
"This was ok but not great. The onion didn't really cook and the apple tasted odd. Not my favorite."