Dorothy Smith turns corned beef and cooked potatoes from dinner into a hearty morning meal the next day. "Our family really goes for this dish," notes the El Dorado, Arkansas cook.
Featured In: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked corned beef (8 ounces)
- 4 large eggs
- Pepper to taste
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the soup, milk, mustard and hot pepper sauce; cook until heated through. Stir in the corned beef. Reduce heat to low.
- Make four wells in potato mixture; break an egg into each well. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Add pepper to taste. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hash n Eggs in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p36
Reviews for Hash 'n' Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review