Linda Farni of Durango, Iowa wraps a lightly seasoned blend of veggies in foil for quick cooking. "This colorful combination includes so many different vegetables that there's something to please everyone," she promises. "Cleanup's a snap because there are no dishes to wash."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into pieces
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Cut cabbage into six wedges; spread butter on cut sides. Place
- cabbage on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.).
- Sprinkle with onion salt if desired and pepper.
- Arrange the carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms and green pepper around
- cabbage. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Fold foil over mixture and
- seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 30 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to
- allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with margarine and without onion salt and bacon) equals 110 calories, 102 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 17 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein,