Linda Farni of Durango, Iowa wraps a lightly seasoned blend of veggies in foil for quick cooking. "This colorful combination includes so many different vegetables that there's something to please everyone," she promises. "Cleanup's a snap because there are no dishes to wash."
Featured In: How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon onion salt, optional
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into pieces
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Cut cabbage into six wedges; spread butter on cut sides. Place cabbage on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.). Sprinkle with onion salt if desired and pepper.
- Arrange the carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms and green pepper around cabbage. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Fold foil over mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Vegetables in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p19
Reviews for Harvest Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2008
"Thanks for sharing Linda! We tried this recipe yesterday and it was a hit with the adults. My grill may have a higher setting though. Some of my packets dried out a little. Adding a touch of bouquet or water may help that next time I make them."