Harvest Vegetables Recipe
Linda Farni of Durango, Iowa wraps a lightly seasoned blend of veggies in foil for quick cooking. "This colorful combination includes so many different vegetables that there's something to please everyone," she promises. "Cleanup's a snap because there are no dishes to wash."
- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into pieces
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Cut cabbage into six wedges; spread butter on cut sides. Place cabbage on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.). Sprinkle with onion salt if desired and pepper.
- Arrange the carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms and green pepper around cabbage. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Fold foil over mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Vegetables in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p19
Reviews for Harvest Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2008
Thanks for sharing Linda! We tried this recipe yesterday and it was a hit with the adults. My grill may have a higher setting though. Some of my packets dried out a little. Adding a touch of bouquet or water may help that next time I make them.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >