- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until
- crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms
- a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- Transfer pastry to pan; trim even with edge of pan. Line unpricked
- pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at
- 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions
- and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add eggplant; cook for 4-5 minutes
- or until softened. Cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle
- with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Top with tomato slices and pepper
- rings. Sprinkle with corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over
- vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 691 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.