Harvest Vegetable Bake
This delicious dish is packed with a large assortment of vegetables. Served with a green salad, it makes an excellent entree.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 4 small carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 small fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add bay
- leaves. Top with potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, turnips, green
- pepper and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt, rosemary and pepper. Pour
- tomatoes over all.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken juices
- run clear and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves before
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.