Harvest Vegetable Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 4 small carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 small fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add bay leaves. Top with potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, turnips, green pepper and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt, rosemary and pepper. Pour tomatoes over all.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving: 269 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 773mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Harvest Vegetable Bake
"Truly a new family favorite, I served this to my family with brown rice cooked in chicken broth. They loved it, and the ingredients are super cheap and easy to find."
"I loved how this turned out, so I made it for company, they loved it too."
"When I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Halloween Fun and Food magazine 2008 I had to make it. I have made it twice or more a year since then and everyone that I have made it for loves it and this is from people who are picky about their chicken. I have also changed up the veggies to including sweet potatoes, yukon gold potatoes as well as other colored veggies. My little nephew loves his Aunt Nins dish. Thanks so much for a GREAT recipe. I love TOH."