- flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture, beating until smooth. Pour butter into a greased 8-in.
- square baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Drizzle with corn
- syrup; sprinkle with the walnuts, raisins and cherries. Arrange
- apples on top, overlapping slices. Spoon batter over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender or a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Run a knife
- around the edges of cake; immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 357 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.