This recipe is the result from Thanksgiving dinner leftovers. It is now my family's favorite.—Mary Beth Harris-Murphree, Tyler, Texas
- 8 cups cubed day-old Italian bread
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce or chutney of your choice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts, toasted
- Place bread cubes in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside. Increase heat to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add sweet potato and onion; toss to coat. Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme and pepper with the remaining oil, vinegar and salt. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, roasted vegetables, turkey and parsley. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Turkey Bread Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Harvest Turkey Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review