I always double this recipe whenever I prepare it, since we love leftovers. This is the easiest soup I've ever made. Our 10-month-old daughter can really dig in, since this thick nutritious mixture clings to her spoon. We prefer it warm, but it can also be served chilled. -Gayle Becker, Mt. Clemens, Michigan
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Discard bay leaf. Cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Sweet Potato Soup in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p39
Reviews for Harvest Sweet Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review