Harvest Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
"THE PIES were baked a few days before the holiday gathering and then placed in a tall pie safe on our back porch. My father called this 'royal pie', fit for a king with its deliciously different flavor. This is another hand-me-down recipe, a treasure in our family."
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine first 10 ingredients; mix well. Beat in sweet potatoes. Pour into pie shells. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 391 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC