- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine first 10 ingredients; mix well. Beat in sweet potatoes. Pour into pie shells. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Harvest Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"The pie is absolutely fabulous. My mother has never tried sweet potatoes pie before, and - have always mentioned how she would enjoy it. Especially because she likes pumpkin pie so much.. She wasn't just pleasantly surprised.. She is hooked !"
"Fabulous pie, we made it tonight and loved it. I forgot the lemon and it was still good. Next time I may add a little more cinnamon to it. This is the first sweet potato pie we enjoyed, we took some left overs to my dad and he loved it as well."
"Loved this pie. I used fat free evaporated milk. Cut the sugar to 1 cup--but used 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar & 1/2 cup granulated. Has a good texture. Next time I am going to add more cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice. I enjoy a spicey taste."
"My husband asked for a sweet potato pie for the holidays & I think I've found my staple! This recipe was amazing and I don't even like sweet potato pie! I also forgot to add the vanilla (as I'm 9 months pregnant with baby brain...) but the batter is really sweet enough to hold its own and it's nice and spicy. This is an amazing recipe and I can't wait to make it again! Thanks for submitting it!"
"This is a wonderful, flavorful sweet potato pie. I cut back on the sugar and only used 1 cup and it was just right. I used regular pie shells, but the next time I make this recipe I will get deep dish pie shells. I had about one cup of the filling left over."