Harvest Stuffing Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup each chopped carrots, celery and onion
- 10 dried plums, halved
- 10 dried apricots, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup water, carrots, celery, onion, plums, apricots, seasoning blend and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fruit and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the bread cubes, apple juice and remaining water; toss gently to combine.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover;bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Harvest Stuffing
"This surprising, fresh stuffing isn't as heavy as other recipes and went over well with my guests. I actually had to go back and make more..."