Harvest Stuffing Recipe
Chock-full of veggies and studded with colorful dried fruits, this unique stuffing boasts the very best of autumn’s harvest, says Ruth Hastings in Louisville, Illinois. It’s also delicious served with pork.
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup each chopped carrots, celery and onion
- 10 dried plums, halved
- 10 dried apricots, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup water, carrots, celery, onion, plums, apricots, seasoning blend and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fruit and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the bread cubes, apple juice and remaining water; toss gently to combine.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover;bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC