- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup each chopped carrots, celery and onion
- 10 dried plums, halved
- 10 dried apricots, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup water, carrots, celery, onion, plums, apricots, seasoning blend and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fruit and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the bread cubes, apple juice and remaining water; toss gently to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover;bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Stuffing in Country Woman November/December 2005, p26
Reviews for Harvest Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2011
"This surprising, fresh stuffing isn't as heavy as other recipes and went over well with my guests. I actually had to go back and make more..."