I work full-time outside the home, so I'm always trying fast-to-fix dishes. This colorful skillet supper appeals to young and old alike.Kay Toon, Worthington, Indiana
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 small yellow summer squash, chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the squash, tomatoes, corn, oregano,
- salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.