Harvest Stir-Fry Recipe
I work full-time outside the home, so I'm always trying fast-to-fix dishes. This colorful skillet supper appeals to young and old alike.—Kay Toon, Worthington, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 small yellow summer squash, chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the squash, tomatoes, corn, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC