- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until
- moistened (dough will be slightly sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to
- 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. maple leaf or round
- cutter. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork in oil over medium heat. Stir in the
- broth, onion, garlic, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper; cover and
- simmer for 1 hour.
- Add rutabaga and carrots; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender. Add beans; cook for 10 minutes longer
- or until beans are crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch and water; stir
- into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- Pour into an ungreased shallow 2-1/2- to 3-qt. baking dish.
- Immediately top with 12 biscuits. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for
- 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Bake remaining
- biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet for 10-12 minutes. Yield: 6-8
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.