Harvest Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/4 cups chopped peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped peeled acorn squash
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the water, potatoes, squash, bouillon, bay leaves, chili powder, pepper, allspice and cloves. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetable are tender. Add the tomatoes. Cook and stir until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 241 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Harvest Soup
"This soup is absolutely wonderful! This will become a staple@ our house"
"I really love this soup because it's wholesome and had a lot of interesting flavors. Since I rarely cook with ground beef I substitute ground turkey & it's still delicious. It's a cold weather staple at my house."
"This soup had a wonderful flavor. I loved it and have made several times."
"This soup was a big hit at our house! Delicious!"