Harvest Snack Mix Recipe
Candy corn makes this natural snack for fall gatherings. The sweet and salty flavors are irresistible. —Marlene Harguth, Maynard, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup chocolate bridge mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, nuts and sunflower kernels. Combine the butter, cinnamon and cloves. Drizzle a third of butter mixture over pretzel mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Place popcorn in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining butter mixture and toss to coat. Stir into pretzel mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Cool; transfer to a large bowl. Add candy corn and bridge mix; toss to combine. Yield: 3 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 260 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC