Harvest Snack Cake Recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Combine the eggs, applesauce and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots and raisins (batter will be thick).
- Spread evenly in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Harvest Snack Cake
Sort By :
This cake was great!! My husband and I are Diabetic's and we both enjoyed this cake. I plan to make more of it, next time I am going to add some walnuts.
Re: Harvest Snack Cake
I made the cake to take to work. I changed it by adding pecans and frosting it with cream cheese frosting. It was really yummy!!
I made the Harvest Snack Cakes for my daughter's class, and all the kids really liked them. My son's snack day is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I've already taken the request to make some more for his class.
Great snack cake...if you like nuts, add walnuts.
I didn't have any carrots so I substituted grated zucchini...delicious