- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Combine the eggs, applesauce and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots and raisins (batter will be thick).
- Spread evenly in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Harvest Snack Cake
Sort By :
"This cake was great!! My husband and I are Diabetic's and we both enjoyed this cake. I plan to make more of it, next time I am going to add some walnuts."
"Re: Harvest Snack CakeI made the cake to take to work. I changed it by adding pecans and frosting it with cream cheese frosting. It was really yummy!!"
"I made the Harvest Snack Cakes for my daughter's class, and all the kids really liked them. My son's snack day is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I've already taken the request to make some more for his class."
"Great snack cake...if you like nuts, add walnuts."
"I didn't have any carrots so I substituted grated zucchini...delicious"