Harvest Salads with Pear Vinaigrette
You’ll love this simple but elegant salad’s subtly tart dressing and fresh taste. It’s a fantastic combination! Don’t have Gouda? Try using Swiss cheese instead. Cheryl Perry - Hertford, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium pears
- 1/3 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, shaved
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Peel and core one pear; coarsely chop. Place in a small food
- processor; cover and process until smooth. While processing,
- gradually add salad dressing in a steady stream. Set aside.
- Divide salad greens among six salad plates. Slice remaining pears.
- Arrange pears and cheese over salads. Sprinkle with almonds; drizzle
- with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 294 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.