You’ll love this simple but elegant salad’s subtly tart dressing and fresh taste. It’s a fantastic combination! Don’t have Gouda? Try using Swiss cheese instead. Cheryl Perry - Hertford, North Carolina
Featured In: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 3 medium pears
- 1/3 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, shaved
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Peel and core one pear; coarsely chop. Place in a small food processor; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add salad dressing in a steady stream. Set aside.
- Divide salad greens among six salad plates. Slice remaining pears. Arrange pears and cheese over salads. Sprinkle with almonds; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Salads with Pear Vinaigrette in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p30
Reviews for Harvest Salads with Pear Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2011
"The gouda and pears in this salad are so delicious!!"