- 3 medium fresh beets (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup yellow grape tomatoes or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- CHERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup tart cherry preserves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 50-60 minutes or until tender. Remove foil; cool completely. Peel beets and cut into 1/2-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, apples, carrot, tomatoes, beans, walnuts, bacon and cooled beets. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Serve with salad. Yield: 10 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Harvest Salad with Cherry Vinaigrette
Sort By :
Awesome! I found I preferred the dressing with a bit less oil. Leftovers were delicious on a sandwich the next day.
This is delicious - the way it's presented in the photo is the best for serving. If you mix it in a salad bowl everything turns purple and one color.
This is wonderful. I always have to add a little sugar/splenda to my vinaigrette recipes because the are to tart for me. This one is wonderful. I just added a little water to thin it down a little. I love it!!!