“This colorful blend, combining the best of harvest veggies, is a favorite in my house,” shares Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. “I serve it with plenty of crusty bread and hot linguine or fettuccine noodles.”
- 1 cup cubed eggplant
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Place eggplant in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes; rinse and drain well.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the parsley, oregano, dill and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with tomato and Parmesan cheese. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Ratatouille in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p18
Reviews for Harvest Ratatouille
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"I loved this."
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2009
"I loved this.I used minced garlie in it too.A dd meat and you have a good meal ."