Harvest Pumpkin Pie with Almond Crust Recipe
I use fresh pumpkin when I make my pumpkin pie, but it’s good with the canned variety, too. The buttery almond crust lends an extra-special touch to holiday dinners.
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a food processor, process almonds until ground. Add the flours and salt; cover and pulse to blend. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, milk and honey. Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and spices. Add to egg mixture just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake for 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Pumpkin Pie with Almond Crust in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Harvest Pumpkin Pie with Almond Crust(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >
- Pie Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >