Harvest Pumpkin Butter
Stir up a fresh alternative to traditional apple butter by making this scrumptious spread. "It's yummy on English muffins or any kind of toasted bread," details subscriber Marlene Muckenhirn of Delano, Minnesota.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- English muffins, split and toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15
- minutes or until thickened.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on English muffins. Yield:
- 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.