Harvest Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
These lightly spiced pumpkin brownies are a nice change from the typical dessert. —Iola Egle, McCook, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:72 servings
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into pumpkin mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, milk and salt until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost brownies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 83 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC