- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, milk and salt until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost brownies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
Reviews for Harvest Pumpkin Brownies
Sort By :
"Excellent, I only make half the frosting recipe"
"Try cutting flour down by a quarter cup to give more of a brownie texture. I sometimes have to add a quarter cup to brownie mixes to make them more cake like. Maybe the opposite will work here."
"I used one less egg as another reviewer suggested and it was still more of a cake than a brownie. However, it was very good and got lots of compliments at two different gatherings. I used Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting which saved a lot of time. This is definitely a keeper!"
"Cut the sugar by a quarter cup and I think it gave them a stronger pumpkin flavor. Everyone enjoyed them!"
"I made these for work. I left off the icing because I don't care for icing. They loved them! Customers called back for the recipe. They are more like cake than a brownie but so good. I'll make these more often!"