- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, milk and salt until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost brownies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
Reviews for Harvest Pumpkin Brownies
"Delicious and easy! For my non-dairy diet, I frosted these with a quick maple frosting from The Joy of Cooking. Moist, well received by friends at a meeting."
"These are great - very moist and delicious. It REALLY does make 72 BROWNIES - IF YOU USE THE CORRECT PAN (15X10). Thanks!!"
"Using a 12" x10" pan this took close to 50 minutes to bake all the way through but smells relish, can't wait to try it once it cools enough to frost!"
"Love to make these for the fall, moist and the frosting marries the two perfectly. Family is always asking me make them."
"Excellent, I only make half the frosting recipe"