Harvest Potato Casserole Recipe
Sour cream and cream of chicken soup lend to the creamy texture of this tried-and-true casserole. My family prefers this to traditional mashed potatoes.
- 8 large potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. Place potatoes and bay leaves in a Dutch oven or large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Place in the freezer (still covered by the cooking water) for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain potatoes; peel and grate. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, 1 cup cheese, pimientos and onion; spread over potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; top with cornflakes (dish will be full).
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 395 calories, 19 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Harvest Potato Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC